mootools vs jquery , what you choose?

Phyo Arkar

Oct 16, 2008, 12:45:47 PM10/16/08
to web...@googlegroups.com
Dear All;

I am trying out both mootool and jquery , loves both

whats your opinions?

my opinions :

jquery have superb doc

mootool also have easy to under stand doc

mootool is a lot lesser size

mochaui (mootool's UI) is killer! VERY nice UI for just 186 KB?

http://mochaui.com/

Timothy Farrell

Oct 16, 2008, 1:14:58 PM10/16/08
to web...@googlegroups.com
<voice style="fanboy">
It's well documented on this list that I use and advocate YUI. If you
haven't considered it, at least give it a look.

The most important thing to consider about YUI is it's aim. Many JS
toolkits aim to make a better, faster Web 2.0 website. YUI's focus is
to provide a web GUI framework so that you can create internet
applications much like you can create desktop applications. It is
bigger than other toolkits, but for it's size, you get more (IMHO).

It's plain to see that Yahoo has put the extra effort into figuring out
what works and what doesn't. (See their list of supported browsers
page) YUI provides tons of widgets to work with and the widgets are
more flexible than most that you'll find for other toolkits. The only
more comprehensive toolkit is (I think) ExtJS.

If you're making a website (your target audience are different people
everyday), YUI may not be for you. But if you're making a true
application (your target audience is people who keep coming back), I
think you would be hard-pressed to find a better toolkit.
</voice>

Before becoming a YUI fanboy, I used Mochikit, which is small and fast.
But it's documentation utterly sucks and I was lured by the CSS layouts
and widgets in YUI. If you're curious, http://developer.yahoo.com/yui .
Also, YUI 3 will be out next year. I think it will be a solid contender
on size and development speed to other toolkits such as jQuery and
Scriptaculous.

-tim

tfarrell.vcf

Phyo Arkar

Oct 16, 2008, 1:26:01 PM10/16/08
to web...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the responses.

I would love to use ajax UIs too . but sheer size of most UI frameworks (extjs , Dojo , yui) make me piss in pants :D

havnet tried Yui but had tried other 2.

Have u try mochaui? it is very light compare to others but have quite good interfaces.

Phyo Arkar

Oct 16, 2008, 2:26:30 PM10/16/08
to web...@googlegroups.com
For just Non-UI JS lib, Mootool is better?

Because mootool effects looks so cool , cooler and faster then jquery does i think.